12 April 2020

More Solo Play? When I Get the Time

I've been pretty quiet on the gaming front, and not had the time to write up adventure results at this point. I was running the crew of the Boxing Kangaroo through "Death Station" when I last had a chance, with one team about to meet one of the survivors...

However, I did see a couple of very interesting gaming blog posts this week. Omer Golan-Joel published library data for his Dark Nebula variant today. I did get to play Dark Nebula once, and it has it's charms. If I ever get a finish the Rim, I may go for his stuff. It's got a lot of space to play with the system, and Traveller is nothing but flexible. The Kangaroo is very much a techno-thriller in space, while there could be a lot more gonzo stuff in the Nebula.

The other is Real-life Hexcrawl Manual over at Alesmiter. There's long been an element to fantasy games to use real statistics as a beginning for things, like long distance travel, but even for science fiction, it's useful. Considering the Schizo Tech nature of the setting, having some player characters take a journey to an area on horseback, or the equivalent,  isn't out of expectation. That could even be a complication for a mercenary ticket. A religious dictatorship has a holy pilgrimage that requires nothing powered by wind or muscle be carried or used by the faithful, but offworld mercs toting high tech weapons are unlikely to care about damnation...

No comments:

Post a Comment