22 September 2018

Nigel The Aslan


When I picked up my copy of Alien Module 1: Aslan, I took a picture of my cat, Nigel, with the book open in front of him. Recently, though, I considered to use the known habits of cats in my favor. Namely, they like to push things off of surfaces.


I placed Nigel on a card-table in my office, and placed dice on there close to the edge, and had him push them over the edge to roll the attributes and some of the early generation roles. He then leapt off the table, so I resumed generation with manual rolls. Meet Nigel the Aslan:

He's a former Commandant in his clan's space force, having served five terms before he was a prisoner of war in a small scale war between clans. The second son of a minor landholder in a major Clan, his family is just another productive cog in a larger machine known as the Hierate. A largely uneventful service, he resisted the temptation to run "war to the knife" against another population of Fteirle as a young officer. He saw it as wrong. He spent his time on a courier route to the Imperium later, learning to deal with other cultures, as well as developing an adaptable skill set. While not knowledgeable about ship's systems, he understood well enough what the female engineer staff was doing to respect them. As a Senior Lieutenant , he got into an honor duel with another male, where he easily bested him, despite being a rather small Aslan. Shortly there after, he spend the remainder of his career in a POW camp when in a war with a human state. He met another captured Aslan who was from a rival clan, and they worked together to maintain their honor as captives. Released, and with a small amount of territory, he's wondering if it's time to go home, or wander the stars. Having worked with humans, he's not averse to them, but wonders if the idea of a earning fortune, and landhold is worth something more than his country-house.

Age 36 (34 Imperial)
STR 8
DEX 8
END 7
INT 7
EDU 11
SOC 9
TER 2
Skills:

Admin 0
Comms 0
Computers 0
Diplomat 1
Engineering 0
Independence 2
Jack of All Trades 2
Leadership 1
Melee 0
Pilot (Starship) 1
Tolerance 2
Tactics (Naval) 1
Possessions:
   Brotherhood of the Stars
   3 Clan Shares
Contact: Rival Clan Officer, Aekhileyo

Note: Yes, I realize that I've neglected this blog since last spring. My PC had a hard-drive failure in May, and I've had little focus on solo play since then as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment