21 December 2016

Is this Some Vindication?

So this news came out recently, the U.S. Navy is getting its ratings back. Needless to say, there has been much rejoicing. I feel what I said back in October was accurate
Found Here. I don't own.
Having spent far too much of my life around the U.S. Navy, I project parts of my experiences on to how I see Traveller's Imperial Navy. I think that other people's experiences affect some of how they see their gaming. I read some entries at The Word of Stelios, and his profession comes up in writing about various historical works. His last line in one review was pretty much: don't pay attention to the details if you know about an era; you'll go mad, is important. Bellisario's Maxim: "Don't examine this too closely," from the famous TV producer, is another item to remember. I try to do this as much as possible in settings. I try for a 'just right' amount of detail. There's enough where I think it is important, but not so much I get lost in the details.

The hard part there is, knowing how much is enough!

I'm not sure where I'm going here, but perhaps, for some it's a way to make comments, for some it is to relax, and others, a way to open up and write. Why are you gaming?

No comments:

Post a Comment